- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
1015 Cubic Corporation
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Supports the Human Resources (HR) department by performing primarily transactional responsibilities. Including but not limited to: inputting employee data into relevant systems, maintaining employee records, preparing documents, and running reports. This position typically works under close supervision and direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Processes new hires, terminations and miscellaneous changes in the HRIS database.
* Responds to general HR related inquiries from Managers and Employees.
* Prepares and distributes monthly HR reports on headcount, hires, terminations and transfers.
* Runs ad hoc employee data reports by creating specific reports and spread sheets; may perform basic analysis.
* Seeks continuous improvement of employee data by assessing records for logic, reasonableness and omissions.
* Ensures accuracy of the HR/Payroll Information Systems.
* Assists Managers with inquiries regarding Employee Status Change Notices.
* Releases confidential data to others with advance authorization.
* Processes conference room requests for HR team, orders meeting refreshments and department supplies.
* Receives and distributes department mail.
* Supports other Cubic business units as needed.
* Processes check requests and distribute to ensure timely payments.
* Maintains employee personnel files and I-9 s.
* Schedules exit interviews, prepares related employee materials including final paycheck availability.
* Administers employee service award program by running anniversary reports and communicates with vendor.
* Maintains accuracy of HR intranet page through systematic review and coordinates updates with IT.
* Conducts employment verifications and related internal/external requests.
* Completes special projects as requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Two year college degree or equivalent plus a minimum of one year related experience. Experience in HR office environment preferred. Proficient MS Office skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Past experience utilizing an HRIS system is preferred. Interest and ability to learn new systems. Ability to protect and handle confidential personnel information. Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks under deadlines and shifting priorities. Able to work on the computer for several hours each day. Ability to communicate effectively and discretely with all levels of employees, including executives. Must be detail-oriented and able to perform time-sensitive duties with high degree of accuracy. Must have professional demeanor and be able to work proficiently and demonstrate intellectual curiosity with a goal of continuous improvement.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.