This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
The Filler Operator is responsible for ensuring optimum
quality products through the operation of the filler of
various product families following regulatory standards,
ensuring the product is clean and sterile.
* Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the
* Complete all required documentation and scheduled
* Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of
* Make adjustments to filler timing and filling, & check
mat as needed.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate
* Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance
* Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used
for each product being produced.
* Will have working knowledge and experience with
labeler operations; watching for jams and effectively
threading wrap to prevent downtime due to error.
* Perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe
and efficient manner.
* Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed
* Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes
* Maintain communication with other departments,
management and employees and notify them of any problems
and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible
and accurate format, and completed with required
* Ensure all required information is documented in
accordance with SOP s.
* Analyze process data and equipment performance data to
improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas,
confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues
to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: $17.85 per hour
This is a Second Shift position, the schedule for this
role is currently: 1:30 PM - 10:00 PM - Monday, Tuesday,
Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two
years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions
* Experience within the food and beverage industry
* Must be able to stand, walk, push or pull for
virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to
50 pounds occasionally including overhead.
* Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some
exposure to cleaning chemicals.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.