Filling Machine Operator - Florock
Florock is a leader in the research, development, and production of resinous floor coating systems for commercial, industrial and institutional applications. As a result of consistent growth, Florock products are manufactured in a new expanded facility in Chicago, Illinois, owned and operated by Tennant Company. Florock has distribution throughout North America as well as a reseller in the United Kingdom.
Filling Machine Operator
PURPOSE/SCOPE: The Filling Machine Operator is responsible for successful operation of machining operations and producing quality parts in manual machining area.
* Set up and operate a variety of machine parts. Set up and operate filling machine to fill pails with various industrial paints.
* Repair mechanical instruments and basic machine maintenance.
* Process is easily repeatable, requiring a low amount of troubleshooting and adjustment to yield a quality product.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
* 6 months 2 years machinist experience
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Requires standing 90% of shift
* Frequent bending, twisting, squatting, and lifting with arms extended
* Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. Average part weighs 5 - 15 lbs
* Requires good manual dexterity
* Hearing and vision protection required in all areas
* Safety shoes required in all areas
* Exposure to oil, grease, dust, metal particles, sparks, sharp edged materials
* Exposed to hazards/risks that require body protection (gloves, pants, steel toes, sleeves, safety glasses, etc.).
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS: In addition to the General Responsibilities, the following are requisite interpersonal and behavior skills of the position as well as:
* Ability to problem-solve.
* Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment.
* Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment.
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation.
* Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information.
* Consistent attendance either onsite or remotely as needed by the business.
* Ability to take direction and accept supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, understand when urgency is required and use good judgment in varied situations.
* Must be able to set-up and operate at least two of the fabrication processes (Radial Drill, Saws and Single Spindle Drills) while achieving and maintaining established quality and efficiency standards.
* Make parts to meet the requirements of Design and Manufacturing Engineering using proper tooling, inspection equipment and through proper set-up and operation of equipment.
* Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments.
* Applies basic skills. Performs simple fabrication processes. Requires brief training.