Finance & Accounting Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The UPS Store, Inc. (TUPSS), a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store has approximately 4,800 independently owned locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, 401(k) with company match, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, discounted stock purchase plans, and more.
The Finance and Accounting Supervisor manages the daily activities of the Finance and Accounting department in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and UPS policy. He/she assists in the development and support of the staff in the execution of strategies designed to achieve financial objectives. This position supervises specialists and administrative employees.
The Finance and Accounting Supervisor monitors general ledger maintenance and monthly accounting processing activities to ensure thoroughness and accuracy. He/She initiates and processes journal entries to finalize monthly cost results. This position verifies reconciliation ending balances to ensure the general ledger balances and ensures open balances adhere to due date requirements to ensure approvals occur in timely manner.
* Works with external auditors to complete interim and annual financial statement audits.
* Completes annual financial statements and related footnotes/disclosures to communication information in annual Franchisee Disclosure Document.
* Conducts annual self-audits to ensure compliance with general accounting practices and internal audit guidelines.
* Develops corrective action plans on audit exceptions to ensure exceptions are addressed.
* Reviews accounting processes to identify opportunities to increase efficiency.
* Responds to internal and external customer inquiries to resolve accounting concerns.
* Determines employees training needs to produce continuous development plans.
* Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
* Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
* Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
* Accounting Knowledge: Demonstrates a broad business and accounting knowledge; describes methods in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
* Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between big picture concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
* Finance Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses.
* Bachelor's Degree Accounting or a related field Preferred
* Supervisory experience Preferred
* Accounting experience - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity