Finance Associate, SOX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: POSITION DESCRIPTION
This position is part of the SOX/FDICIA Compliance function within the controllership function of CIT, which is a Fortune 500, public finance and leasing company.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Run concurrent multiple projects
- Assist in overall engagement planning, testing, reporting
- Perform walkthroughs to understand the control objective
- Develop test procedures, perform control testing and document the test results
- Communicate identified control deficiencies and results to management
- Identify opportunities for process improvements / efficiencies and partner with management in the implementation of solutions
Qualifications: Required Skills and Experience:
* A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
* A minimum of 3- 4 years' experience in Internal or External Auditing and / or SOX testing
* An understanding of GAAP and internal controls
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, i.e. communicate effectively with all levels of management
* Able to work independently and manage multiple tasks, i.e. excellent project management skills
* Travel 15-20% of the time
Recommended Skills and Experience:
* CPA or CIA or other professional certification designations a plus
* Prior Banking or financial services experience preferred