Finance, Controllers, IMD Product Control, Associate, Jersey City
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The successful candidate will work within a team that is responsible for the private equity and debt valuation. He/she will be responsible for valuation of private investments, primarily private debt. He/she will interact with controller?s management and the portfolio management team
He/she will be responsible for all investor reporting around the private investments
- Price verification of private investments (mainly private debt)
- Involvement in third party valuation processes
- Involvement in external/internal audit review process
- Investor reporting for the private investments
- Preparation of Valuation Committee reports
- Regular interaction with Portfolio Managers, Operations, Legal and Compliance
- Ensuring appropriate levels of control and independence
- Reconciliation of private valuation to Fund AdministratorExperience / Skills
- Degree in Finance / Accounting, CPA/CFA or MBA preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience (public and/or private)
- Working knowledge of private investment valuation, focus on private debt preferred, but not required, including knowledge of yield analysis, DCF, market approach, DCF, liquidation approach etc.
- Strong understanding of Fixed Income and Equities markets and the alternative investment management industry
- Strong understanding of hedge fund structures
- Strong understanding of valuation accounting disclosures (ASU2011-4)
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written communication) skills, including experience presenting/communicating with senior managers
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Results driven and great multitasking skills
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.*****