Finance Department Assistant / Sales Coordinator 8/9/2016
Inspired Beauty Brands
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _COMPANY OVERVIEW_
Inspired Beauty Brands, Inc. is a rapidly growing developer, marketer and distributor of women's personal care products. In addition, the Company owns and licenses other personal care brands, including Nutra Nail and Hair Off, to third parties. The Company's brands have a strong market presence and loyal consumer base across multiple age and ethnic demographics. Inspired Beauty's products are sold worldwide through its retail partners, predominately food, drug and mass chains including Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Ulta, Sally Beauty, Drugstore.com, Dollar General, Harmon Discount, Publix, Kroger, Fred Meyer, Jean Coutu, Kmart, London Drug, Carrefour and Primark, among others, as well as numerous independent beauty supply stores.
As a branded distributor of products, the Company focuses on our key competencies:
a) Sales - getting product on the shelf,
b) Marketing - getting the product to move off the shelf,
c) Product Development - creating innovative new products, and
d) Operations - getting the product to the shelf as efficiently as
The Finance Department Assistant / Sales Coordinator will divide their time between two of the Company's essential departments. This person will report to the Controller, but will also work closely with the Sales Department and will serve as the point person for the external sales team. Specific responsibilities will include:
FINANCE DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT
* Accurately and timely enter invoices into the accounts payable system.
* Reconciling invoices with purchase orders for variances such as proof of delivery, pricing discrepancies, etc., researching vendor discrepancies, preparing and paying the invoices.
* Effectively communicate with vendors and internal personnel via email and telephone.
* Preparing and processing electronic transfers and payments.
* Following through on disputes for resolution.
* Providing daily and weekly reporting.
* Managing meeting schedules and executing all pre-meeting requirements, including trade shows.
* Coordinating shipments of product sample requests with office manager.
* Developing account specific PowerPoint presentations.
* Utilizing Excel to process weekly/monthly sales and commission reports.
_REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS_
The ideal candidate will possess:
* 1-3 years of experience in accounts payable, finance, sales. Bachelors degree preferred.
* Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, often with competing deadlines. Ability to apply consistent standards across multiple departments and shifting priorities.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with a willingness to communicate positively.
* Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
* Prior experience with inventory management / manufacturing, shipping and receiving and purchase order reconciliation is preferred, but not required.
The level of compensation will be reflective of the applicant's experience and qualifications.