Finance Director / Controller - CPA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTechnology company is looking for a highly motivated Finance Director with uncompromising integrity, foundational critical thinking skills, and a global financial strategic mentality.
The Finance Director will lead a team of 15 professionals across a diverse spectrum of financial and accounting responsibilities including general ledger, FP&A, revenue recognition, credit & treasury, cost accounting & inventory management, payroll & commissions, R&D funding, fixed assets, A/R, A/P, financial reporting, tax and J-SOX compliance.
* Report directly to the President and serve as a member of our executive management team by providing strategic and financial analyses and insight that enables sustainable financial and operational growth of the Company
* Design financial strategies and goals in alignment with the parent company, and translate them into actionable tactical plans
* Ensure the highest quality of financial management and reporting by providing meaningful analytical reports to local and global executive management teams
* Ensure a robust financial reporting control environment is maintained and continuously apply best practice strategies to identify and manage financial and compliance risks.
* Develop and oversee financial plans, budgets, policies, accounting practices hold business groups accountable to achieving their financial commitments on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
* Ensure the accuracy, consistency, and timeliness of the financial reporting and results
* Solve complex problems and influence outcomes through the application of financial concepts and operational expertise
* Conduct risk assessments of our current financial processing environment and develop mitigating response plans to address identified exposures
* Monitor and improve the internal control environment and systems over the Company's financial reporting process in compliance with J-SOX
* Manage various projects including Synergy (software) revenue recognition, IFRS convergence, international tax planning, and operational improvement initiatives.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* A Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting from a top university; Master's degree or CPA is strongly preferred
* At least 12 years of experience in a financial and/or accounting role
* At least 8 years of experience at a high-tech company leading and developing a high performing team
* Working knowledge enterprise business system; preferably SAP
* Strong technical accounting aptitude including software revenue recognition under US GAAP
* Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Advance Pricing Agreements (APA) is a plus