Finance Manager, Americas Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req Id 22241 - Posted 09/15/2016 - Finance and Accounting - Bristol, Pennsylvania, US
- Provide business decision and financial support to the various BU functions: BU Management, Manufacturing, Selling, R&D, and Supply Chain.
- Direct Finance function for 4 segments: MMA, Resins, Sheets and POF
- Oversee and coordinate financial information for the Americas (US, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America).
- Oversee and coordinate plant financial information related to three sites (Louisville, Bristol & Matamoros).
- Partner with Operations Accounting to ensure data accuracy and alignment with Business Strategy.
- Oversee the transfer pricing policy related to imported and exported products
- Manage 2 positions: one Financial Analyst and one Credit Collections Analyst
- Ensure regular, on time and reliable monthly reports to the General Manager Americas and to the BU Global Finance Director. Communicate and explain results by analyzing major factors/variances (P&L, Working Capital, Capex, Cashflow,) within the BU.
- Control of PMMA, MMA and POF Americas activities against objectives by setting up and reporting business performance indicators/dashboards and monthly follow ups. Identify areas of improvements and influence the changes.
- Secure the integrity of the financial procedures within the BU in the Americas.
- Provide clear visibility to Cost (variable and fixed).
- Oversee monthly forecasts, annual budget and 5 years strategic plan in coordination with Business Management, Plant Controllers, Plant Managers and subsidiaries.
- Development of financial models.
- Provide effective Business Decision support (Project Management, Capex financial analysis, Project review Gate Keeper).
- Improve Reporting Processes to align with the BU regional goals and KPIs
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- 14 distinct Profit Centers with unique product specifications and grading.
- Major Raw Materials are sourced via Capacity Reservation Agreement as well as from other Arkema BUs
- 2 distinct Sheets PMMA manufacturing processes consisting of Extrusion and Casting.
- BU utilizes 3rd party plant operating agreements, toll production and distribution & marketing agreements to conduct operations.
- BU maintains significant U.S. Govt. Trademarks & Patents as well as a Licensing and R&D agreements with our French Headquarters.
- The environment is diverse and ever changing. There is substantial coordination of effort within the Americas division and with corporate management in the US and Mexico. The manager must meet the need for information and insight both locally, regionally (Americas) and globally.
- The Finance Manager must maintain neutrality in all analyses and ensure that all actions are in the best interest of Arkema and that management makes fully informed decisions.
- The Finance Manager must be available to work with everyone in the division to help develop improvement opportunities. The Manager must ensure that projects are aligned with business objectives and must continually work with and coach division personnel on how to recognize and value improvements.
- Parts of the organization is evolving to market-facing business structures and the Finance Manager will oversee creation and management of profit centers and appropriate financial models consistent with the business structures to ensure full visibility to financial performance drivers.
- 10+ year experience
- Strong Business acumen and strategic mindset
- Excellent writing/oral communication skills
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Strong Financial skills
- Accounting/financial/analytical experience
- Cost accounting knowledge
- Finance or Accounting Degree, MBA preferred
- Analytical capabilities
- Project Leadership skills
- Comfortable dealing w/ international issues
- System skills (MS Excel, SAP, Business Warehouse)
- Self-directed, proactive, initiative
- Business management experience
- Senior management interaction
- Business/Performance core culture
- Value Creation drive future results
- Strong Leadership abilities
- Strong advocate and business advisor
- Broad exposure: Finance/Manufacturing/Sales/Marketing/Technical/International
A global chemical company and France s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry
every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that
provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of
energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close to 50 countries, some 19,000
employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some
$8.1 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.,
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS The Law\\" poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.