This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Coeur D Alene, ID
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Advanced Input Systems
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Advanced Input Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, designs and manufactures touch, sensing, and control solutions (complex control panels, user interface systems, and touch technology integration) for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the medical, gaming, industrial, marine, transportation, and defense industries. We provide end-to-end solutions with complex product range and low cost of ownership for specific customer applications. Advanced Input Systems has a demonstrated record of incorporating any user-input and display technology in thousands of input systems for more than 1,000 companies.
We cooperatively develop products through customer outsourcing initiatives. These diverse projects allow Advanced Input Systems to identify, develop, manufacture, and support solutions for the entire product life-cycle.
Advanced Input Systems currently has an opening for a Finance Manager.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Finance
Location: Coeur d Alene, Idaho, United States
Grade: Depends on experience
The Finance Manager is responsible for leading the preparation and communication of all forward looking financial estimates and subsequent review of performance against these expectations for the Coeur d Alene, Frankenmuth and Shanghai (CFS) facilities and assisting the VP of Finance for the same for Esterline Interface Technologies.
* Owns the preparation and presentation of all forward looking financial estimates including weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual projections for the Coeur d Alene, Frankenmuth and Shanghai (CFS) facilities.
* Is the key financial advisor to Senior Managers on forward looking financial information. Coaches personnel in appropriate forecasting and financial modeling techniques.
* Prepares financial analysis of operations for the guidance of management as well as reports that outline the company s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
* Serves as a financial advisor to management teams and actively participates and leads in the development of concepts, implementation and monitoring of cost improvement activities. The manager also challenges the status quo by enhancing the system and recommending modification to existing processes and methodologies with a constant focus on continuous improvement.
* Leads the initial financial analysis and provides regular review against established benchmarks for significant unit investments in acquisitions, capital equipment, leasehold, research and development, and Esterline Operating System initiatives.
* Analyzes and reviews financial data, coordinates analytics for EPS, and is responsible for related business analysis and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, inventory control and investments.
* Analyzes actual performance against plans and identifies and communicates variances, trends and statistical results. Identifies and communicates opportunity for improvement to management.
* Leads the initial financial analysis and provides regular review against business case benchmarks for new business opportunities including pricing, margin and return on investment.
* Drives initiatives such as month, quarter, and annual sales, margin, and fixed expense targets & forecasts.
* Assists the VP of Finance with the above responsibilities for Platform.
* Assists the VP of Finance with the monthly close process for CFS including select journal entry, reconciliation and reporting responsibilities to ensure an accurate and timely close.
* Assist with process improvement initiatives and business metrics development.
* Establishes partnerships with other departments to build performance accuracy, standard procedures, controls, practices and systems.
* Challenges the status quo by enhancing the system and recommending modification to existing processes and methodologies with a constant focus on continuous improvement.
* The Manager also exercises discretion and creativity as to work details on assignments of a varied and diverse nature.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to all levels of staff.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize job responsibilities.
* Detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
* Demonstrates leadership skills and abilities.
* Ability to handle confidential matters.
* Able to understand and follow complex instructions.
* Advanced Excel skills (complex formulas, lookups, pivot tables, macros, etc.).
* Capable of 10-key by touch and 50 wpm typing.
* Must be able to administer policies & procedures.
* Periodic travel.
* Professional certification in Financial Planning & Analysis .
* Experience in Public Accounting.
* Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies required for all employees: customer focus, ethics & values, problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure, and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Bachelor s Degree in Business with Major in Accounting or Finance.
* At least five (5) years experience in a manufacturing environment; or any combination of experience, education, and training which provides an appropriate level of knowledge, skill and ability.
* Experience working for publicly traded company with foreign operations.
* Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and internal control systems.
* Experience preparing, analyzing and communicating budgets & forecasts.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. In addition, all employees of Advanced Input are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
* Help train and give guidance to employees
* Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
* Provide customers with the highest quality of products and services
* Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
* Report to work as scheduled
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).