This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Finance Manager K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
K12 Inc. (NYSE: LRN) is a leading provider of proprietary, technology-based curriculum and online education programs to students in grades K-12.
AS A FINANCE MANAGER YOU WILL . . .
* Possess entrepreneurial spirit, ability to shift gears on the fly, executive presence, executive-level communication skills, diplomatic, enthusiastic, problem solver, takes ownership & responsibility, action oriented, interpersonal and political savvy.
* Primary FP&A support for business units and/or departments
* Assist with the monthly forecasts and development of variance analyses for presentation to management.
* Provide financial support and analysis to the budget and forecast cycles
* Provide counsel to department managers on business and financial matters
* Generate analysis for business unit decision support
* Provide other financial analysis, consultation, and ad hoc reporting.
* Ability to validate multiple sources of data. For example, verifying accuracy and reconciling accounting entries against department reports.
RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA preferred
* 7+ years of business experience including FP&A role supporting business units/divisions
* Excellent analytical/quantitative skills, organizational skills, ability to solve problems, strong attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
* Self starter with ability to work independently and meet deadlines
* Advanced in MS Excel (Pivot tables, formulas, charts) and PowerPoint.
* Experience with MS Access, query tools, and databases a plus.
* Experience with Oracle or Hyperion a plus
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend