Finance Operations Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOFFICE LOCATIONBethesda, Maryland (MD)MD201WORK WITH USThe Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/about-us to learn more.The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.POSITION SUMMARYThe Operations Program Coordinator is responsible for a variety of operations activities in support of program 's approved tactics.
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* The Finance and Operations Coordinator reports to the Director of Finance and Operations. S/he is responsible for performing multiple administrative functions related to the Maryland/De Chapter program. The Coordinator will play a vital role with Finance administrative tasks, including processing invoices for payment, depositing checks electronically, preparing reports, and monitoring budgets. S/he is responsible for scheduling and coordinating logistics for special events and/or meetings, purchasing office supplies, central filing, mailroom operations, facility management, telecommunications, and reception. S/he will assist with the recruitment, training and scheduling activities of program volunteers. In addition, the Coordinator will be the liaison for the chapter to coordinate issues related to Information Systems with the TIS Manager located in New Jersey. S/he will assist the Director of Operations as needed with Human Resources activities. S/he uses available systems and resources to maintain, track and research data, and produce and review reports. S/he applies established processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness and documents program procedures for reference by staff. S/he will coordinate activities with multiple variables, setting realistic deadlines and managing the timeline. The Coordinator will handle inquiries about business unit activities and assist in the development of program materials and correspondence. S/he will work cooperatively with Conservancy staff, providing information necessary to make decisions and solve problems. The Coordinator may communicate on behalf of the supervisor with internal and external sources, including staff, donors, vendors, and business relations in order to coordinate arrangements, con vey information, and ensure successful execution of program.
* RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
* Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
* Does not supervise any staff, but will supervise volunteers, interns, or temporary staff.
* Duties are performed under general supervision and established guidelines.
* Financial responsibility will include purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget tracking.
* Identify routine problems and utilize existing resources for resolution , refers difficult questions and problems to supervisor.
* Make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently.
* Serve as a team member for assigned projects.
* Willingness to travel , work overtime, and work evenings and weekends as needed.
* Work environment involves on l y infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
* MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree and I year experience or equivalent combination.
* Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
* Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
* Experience performing one or more administrative processes.
* Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
* PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Ability to analyze information for the purpose of preparing reports, coordinating activities, and solving problems.
* Ability to apply research skills.
* Ability to write and edit written materials for use with program communications and special events.
* Database skills, including managing and tracking data, and producing reports.
* 'customer service
* skills and focus.
* Experience, coursework, or other training in relevant field.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.HOW TO APPLYTo apply to position number 44428, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:
59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 21, 2016.Click 'submit' to apply for the position or 'save for later' to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
* The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
* The successful applicant must meet the requirements of
* The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
* Job Title:
* Finance & Operations Coordinator
* Job ID:
* Full/Part Time:
* Full-Time .