Finance Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONNetsmart Technologies is an established, leading supplier of enterprise-wide software solutions for health and human services providers. Netsmart s clients include health and human services organizations: public health agencies, mental health and substance abuse clinics, psychiatric hospitals, and managed care organizations.
The Finance Operations Manager will be responsible for a team of Revenue Accountants and Analyst within a region, including team meetings and serving as the subject matter expert and go to person on the team.
* Identifies and drives process improvements, owns special projects and is responsible for management and reporting of revenue and billing events ensuring proper documentation for a particular region.
* Own the revenue for the designated region and develop solid understanding of clients within the region.
* Coordinate and partner with Netsmart regional teams: Project Operations Managers, Collections, Billing and Client Alignment.
* Review all large bookings in advance, for revenue implications and treatment.
* Process all large orders for designated region.
* Mentor associates on team to grown their roles and responsibilities
* Meet with the Revenue Recognition Manager and Chief Accounting Office to review activity
* Review revenue streams prior to month-end to identify issues and variances
* Attend monthly client health and AR meetings
* Work with Contract Admin group on regional credits and amendments
* Work with Finance team to refine forecasting and results relative to forecasting
* Support team in issuing pro-forma invoices / statements in advance of renewals
* Attend monthly close meetings and explain revenue streams within region
* Work with Project Operations Managers to resolve PSA issues
Qualifications and Skills:
* Bachelor s degree in accounting or finance (accounting preferred)
* CPA or other equivalent experience
* 7+ years experience in the accounting and finance sector or MBA
* Previous experience as Controller a plus
* Big Four firm audit experience is preferred
* Strong experience in both the private and public accounting sectors is preferred but not required
* Strong technical accounting and knowledge of US GAAP
* Knowledge of software revenue recognition and accounting for multiple element arrangements is preferred
* Ability to develop and implement accounting policies, procedures, controls and financial reporting requirements
* Flexible, proactive with the ability to work with minimal day-to-day supervision
* High level of professionalism with internal and external customers
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Preferred experience with systems: Great Plains, Salesforce, Softrax
* Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines and exhibit flexibility to change
* Ability to communicate efficiently and display strong analytical skills
* Ability to work overtime and irregular hours when needed
It all begins with a Spark! At Netsmart we look for exceptional professionals who enjoy being part of a fast-paced and innovative environment. We value individual contributions in a team setting and offer a progressive set of support tools and training. We are proud to offer an excellent compensation package, which includes a complete suite of benefits for full-time associates.
Other benefits include:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available Day 1
* Life Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability
* 401(k) Plan/EAP
Netsmart is committed to helping health and human services providers deliver effective, recovery-based care.
To learn about our culture, industry and job opportunities visit our career site , facebook or twitter account.
Ignite your career today!