Finance Specialist - Accounts Payable
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Finance Specialist Accounts Payable will have primary responsibility for financial transactions related to the payment of all non-raw materials for Ardent Mills. This includes reconciliation and review of our freight payables process completed by a third party, and, all relevant aspects of a three way match centralized A/P function. These positions will also have the opportunity to administer Ardent Mills Purchasing Card and Travel Card programs including compliance and reporting.
* Complete all processes related to non-raw material A/P, purchasing card management, and travel expense management across the Ardent Mills network of 45+ locations. This includes, but is not limited to, invoice receiving, routing, coding, approval workflows, monitoring of reports to validate transactions have been processed properly, and transaction exception management.
* Understand, enforce and maintain all policies and procedures related to expense management and accounts payable management functions while serving as cross functional SME partnering with all levels of internal management and external business partners to ensure processes, controls, and procedures are implemented, understood, and followed.
* Partner with A/P manager and Procurement team to continuously looks for ways to improve workflow and overall efficiency/effectiveness of the accounts payable and expense management functions.
Skills & Experience
* High School diploma or equivalent; BS Degree preferred
* 2+ years in accounting or finance positions
* General Ledger experience, including Balance Sheet reconciliation and previous accounts payable experience preferred but not required
* Extensive experience working in a team environment
* Experience working in a major ERP (SAP, Oracle, JDE, Microsoft GP, etc.)
* Demonstrated capability to collaborate and execute cross functionally
* Strategic thinking to establish, improve and stream line processes and procedures
* Excellent communication (both written and verbal), presentation and influencing skills
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions and see them to completion with limited supervision.
* Ability to maintain confidential information and strict adherence to specific guidelines
* High accountability to self and teammates
* Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.