Finance Specialist - Accounts Receivable
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist oversees day-to-day contact with an assigned portfolio of customer accounts for the collection of Accounts Receivables.
* Ensures that assigned portfolio meets or exceeds company performance metrics/targets as relate to the current percentage of A/R and past due balances.
* Advises assigned customers of available credits.
* Works with Cash Applications to resolve questions regarding customer payments.
* Monitors pending customer orders on hold and releases them in a timely manner once all required information has been received (i.e. payment, promise to pay)
* Leads the investigation and drives resolution of customer payment deductions and disputes. Tasks may include working with cross functional teams to address problems related to pricing, freight, damages, and contract misapplications among others.
* Assists with the gathering of credit information/research material for assigned customer portfolio. Learns to use available credit information tools as well as their application towards analysis work. Individuals in this role may be considered for credit granting authority.
* Communicates potential credit and collection issues decisions to internal stakeholders (i.e. Sales Reps, Credit Analyst, Customer Service Rep) and assists them as needed to help drive resolution.
* Monitors credit limits for assigned customer portfolio and proactively works with Credit Analyst to process any required adjustments.
Skills & Experience
* Bachelor s Degree or Equivalent Experience
* 1-3 years of business-to-business collections experience.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
* General business acumen with prior exposure to areas of Finance, Credit, or Accounting
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Ability to learn new tasks quickly; demonstrate flexibility when presented with change
* Self-starter. Able to work independently.
* Advanced Degree
* 3-5 years of business-to-business collections
* Prior experience in Agribusiness, Food, CPG industries
* Prior experience with Microsoft GP or equivalent ERP system
* Prior experience managing portfolios of customer accounts
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.