Finance Specialist-Capital-Continuous Improvement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
This position is integral in the management of capital spending, project management and asset accounting for Ardent Mills. This position has shared responsibility for accounting for capital spend of $20-$70MM annually. This includes ensuring adequate internal controls, interpreting and applying corporate and GAAP guidelines, and ensuring P&L and balance sheet entries are accurate. In addition the position will partner, from a financial standpoint, with the projects initiated by the Operations CI team.
* Responsible for understanding Capital Investment Request (CIR) process, analysis and payback calculations. Participate in CIR preparation, review for accuracy before routing, and facilitation of approval process.
* Responsible for performing monthly capital accounting functions including monitoring of expenses, depreciation entries, cost accruals, preparing financial reports and balance sheet support.
* Be a resource for engineering, accounting, and others regarding capital policies and procedures.
* Prepare financial models, working with the CI leads, to determine the financial value of the projects in the portfolio.
* Maintaining accurate asset listing including additions, retirements, transfers, accurate book and tax lives while ensuring data integrity for all sub-systems utilized. Research, document and request programming changes as necessary.
* Develop best practices and benchmarking in the capital management and continuous improvement areas.
* Complete other projects, tasks and responsibilities as assigned
* Up to 15% travel as necessary
Skills & Experience
* Education - 2 year degree minimum (general business, accounting, or related) or 4 yrs. relevant work experience
* Extensive experience working in a team environment
* Demonstrated capability to collaborate and execute cross functionally
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Strategic thinking to establish, improve and stream line processes and procedures
* Excellent communication (both written and verbal), presentation and influencing skills
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
* Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.