Finance and Administrative Support 9/2/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Direct Client Requirement-
Client is looking for FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT for Location: New york.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
Under the guidance of the Portfolio Management Office, the incumbent will provide services for budget allotment, expenditure monitoring, accounts payable/receivable functions and for performing Atlas-related transactional tasks (if required/applicable). The tasks and responsibilities include:
Finance support to projects:
* Prepare budget revisions from Integrated Work Planning to Atlas grants and awards once annual allotments have been received;
* Prepare General Ledger Journal Entries as required and follow-up on their approval;
* Review and update project records on a quarterly basis; and
* Assist in analyzing and reconciling yearly accounts including, miscellaneous income, charge-back and cost recovery.
* Ensure that all payments are timely made to vendors during the year. Review invoices for duplications, process requisitions and POs;
* Review incoming and outgoing vendor correspondence for quality of communications;
* Analyze open POs balances to facilitate the year-end closing exercise;
* Prepare yearly bills to HQ Units and other clients in the context of the cost-recovery exercises; and
* Regularly run audit listing and analyze assets captured in Atlas through capitalization of the purchase orders.
Other administrative tasks:
* Assist in travel management, create TR /Checklist/Expense report and F10 for staff and arrange all aspects of travel authorizations, documentation, and payments;
* Maintain proper control of supporting documents;
* Support the ICT Asset management function in OIMT;
* Regularly update locations, custodian information and movement of assets by liaising with the respective Information Management Associates and correct inconsistent data records;
* Tag the assets in Atlas (if required/applicable) and co-ordinate with BMS/BMS Operations to physically tag them; and
* Manually enter data of those assets the POs of which are not capitalized and ATLAS failed to populate and batch process (capture) in AM module.