- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
REPORTS TO: Financial Compliance Manager
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support annual and interim financial audits by external audit firm
* Support various audits by Defense Contracting Audit Agency (DCAA) as liaison. This will also include interviews that require going to the shipyard for observation and fulfilling timely response to data request.
* Support audits by working with most departments in the organization
* Accumulate and audit financial information for all audits
* Prepare the annual Incurred Cost Submission
* Properly document all work in our document control system
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
* BS/BA in Accounting required
* 3-5 years manufacturing or corporate accounting experience required
* Working knowledge of GAAP,FAR, DFAR, and CAS
* Experience with Defense Contracting Audit Agency (DCAA) preferred
* Experience within Federal contracting industry preferred
* Ability to work with limited direction in a fast-paced environment
* Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to go in the shipyard and conduct interviews. This includes physically climbing stairs and moving safely through construction areas on and off the ships.
DISCRETION EXERCISED: Ability to work independent and exercise sound judgment
LIAISES WITH: All departments, external auditors and management
* Must be able to obtain and maintain required Security Clearance
* Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
* 18 years of age or older.
* Able to provide proof of US Person Status
* No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
* No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from disposition date
* Willing to submit to a drug screen
* Willing to submit to a background check