This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 2/21/2017
Emerald Performance Materials
* Ensure Balance Sheet Accuracy
* Monthly accounting close duties: journal entries, account analyses, preparation of reports.
* Plant capital administration through the routing of ARs, the tracking of projects and the analysis of fixed assets.
* Monitor Capital project spending to prevent overspend.
* Monitor Maintenance project spending to prevent overspend.
* Accountable for balance sheet reconciliations and understanding of underlying support documents.
* Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
* Calculate and review customer and vendor rebates.
* Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
* Miscellaneous government reporting.
* Provides necessary financial support as an active member of the accounting team.
* Review and release of purchase orders related to capital and maintenance projects.
* Preparation of audit and tax packages.
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
* Bachelor degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance, required
* Five to seven years' experience in varied financial/analytical and accounting positions required
* Manufacturing experience preferred but not required
* Self-starter with desire to achieve
* Strong computer/information technology skills and knowledge; ability to learn and work with Prism, JDEdwards, Hyperion, and other systems as necessary
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong team player and business partner