Financial Advisory Services Vice President 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Global Advisory Firm--Downtown Chicago--Salary Commensurate with Experience
* Opportunity to work with the best and brightest.
* Highly competitive pay and benefits package.
* Company offers a career development planning process and training opportunities.
NOTE FROM HIRING MANAGER
* Forensic experience required.
* CPA required.
* Foreign language skills a huge plus.
POSITION SUMMARY OF VICE PRESIDENT
Seeking Financial Advisory Services Vice President to support the Financial Advisory Services (FAS) practice. The FAS practice applies accounting, financial, economic, and data analysis expertise and experience to assist clients in addressing their critical issues. This role will report to more senior staff and Managing Directors.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OF VICE PRESIDENT
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Mathematics required, Master's Degree is a plus.
* 3+ years of experience working in a professional services firm providing dispute and litigation and/or valuation services or experience in a Big 4 accounting firm conducting independent financial statement audits for publicly traded companies.
* Strong analytical abilities.
* Ability to prepare or learn to prepare financial models and cash flow analyses.
* Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work well with both others in a team environment and independently with an entrepreneurial attitude.
* Professional demeanor with strong communication and presentation skills.
* Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to meet client needs.
* Positive and energetic attitude.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Desire and interest to meet new people and network socially.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Pursuit of professional certifications such as Chartered Financial Analyst and Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor a plus.
* Ability to occasionally travel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF VICE PRESIDENT
* Research and analyze factors including performing detailed financial analysis affecting litigation damages or valuation and gain understanding of the industry or market at issue.
* Develop and assess projections and forecasts.
* Create financial models incorporating valuation theory such as the development of discounted cash flow (DCF) models.
* Analyze financial transactions for possible fraud and compliance with GAAP or IFRS.
* Review audit working papers for compliance with professional standards.
* Communicate with clients and colleagues in written and oral form including drafting expert reports and presentations to clients.
* Create and manage large data sets.
* Apply statistical analysis and prepare presentation materials.
* Perform quality control reviews over work product.
* Organize documents and work papers and prepare supporting materials for litigation and valuation reports.
* Train other professional staff.