Financial Analyst 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We all share one big ambition. What s yours?
Everyone who works at UCB holds the same ambition to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases. Of course we have other associated ambitions too - including a desire to support each other in attaining all of our own personal and professional goals. That s why we ensure every UCB colleague has the tools and environment to engage effectively in the work we do. Wherever in the world we re based, and whatever role we play, we believe each of us can have an impact across our organization.
To help us meet our ambitions and provide the best solutions to patients, UCB is currently seeking a talented individual as a Financial Analyst within our Finance and Accounting team based at our US Headquarters in suburban Atlanta, Georgia.
This role will develop strong working relationships with assigned Business partners, Accounting including US business partner (Genpact), Global Finance and Sourcing counterparts including Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Operations Excellence, Compliance, Supply Chain and other key stakeholders to create patient value.
* Ad-hoc analysis and analytical reports
* Prepare price volume mix analysis file and work with other FP&A team members to provide sales commentary.
* Prepares analysis on monthly profitability and operating expense variances.
* Prepares headcount analysis including proper reporting for headcount variances to forecast.
* Prepares monthly financial reporting and operational metrics for product teams, business unit management, and executive management.
* Resource Re-allocation/Rolling Forecast/Budget/10YP exercises
* Uploads the data for exercises done locally and regionally into the system.
* Performs adjustments and reconciliations if needed on forecast changes.
* Checks Forecast phasing to align with operational timelines.
* Monthly Close Process
* Assists Record to Report (R2R) team with month-end close process by providing variance analysis during monthly review call.
* Works with R2R and Business Partner on accruals development in a timely and effective manner.
* Master data management
* Setup and maintenance of cost objects, POs, and DOA.
* Performs periodic review of allocation rules, cost center master data, WBS settlement, and PO mapping to ensure correct ownership and functional alignment.
* Business Partnering
* Meets regularly with business partners to review financial performance and discuss variances on actual to budget.
* Communicates and collaborates with offshore FP&A and R2R team (Genpact) to develop finance standard operating procedures.
* Works with North America Accounting and FP&A Lead to understand business needs, identify process improvements, and execute GBS Americas transition plan.
Experience and Specific Skills:
* Bachelor's Degree required with a minimum of 2-3 years relevant business experience
* Strong technical background on Excel and MS Office Products.
* Strong finance technical skills.
* Systems oriented with ability to pick up new systems in a timely manner.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external communications.
* Proven ability to work within deadlines and effectively multi-task.
* Ability to actively think and communicate in context of various scenarios. Flexible and adaptive.
* Demonstrated ability to work in team environment and work collaboratively across matrix organization.
* Intellectual Curiosity
* Solution Oriented not just task on hand but full process.
* Needs to be able to work with moderate direction and contribute to the development of solutions to complex problems
* Must possess the ability to analyse competing needs to prioritize workloads.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Effective business support and communication
* Timely and accurate financial data analysis and reporting
* Financial coordination of Business Unit strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting
* Process improvements
* Geography: North America
* Travel: Less than 10%.
Internal- All parties within UCB N. America, including executive and senior management.
External- Business Partners (Co-Promotions, Genpact, other), Auditors, Banks, Consultants, Government Officials, and Legal
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system or the central nervous system.
With more than 8500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a can-do attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran