Financial Analyst (Budget Analyst), 2-Year Term - ReqCode 120069
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory - Batavia, ILThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Fermi National Accele... Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
- Batavia, IL
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Entry Level (0 - 2 years)
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Open Date: 05/24/2012
Close Date: 06/25/2012
This for Term employment up to 2-Years in duration.
Under the direction of the NOvA Financial Manager, the selected professional will be responsible for multiple financial tasks within the NOvA project, including:
* Preparation of spreadsheets suitable for project cost tracking and projections. * Production of spreadsheet reports, to monitor the labor/effort reporting, and to track invoices. * Oversight for project procurement activities including electronic requisitioning, problem resolution with collaborators, procurement and cost accounting. * Other duties related to the business activities of the project, as assigned.
Respect, understand and value individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
Abide by all environment, safety and health regulations.
Qualifications and Essential Job Functions
* Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance or other relevant business discipline. * 0-3 years relevant experience that reflects a strong financial background. * Demonstrated high level of competence using MS Excel. * Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent organization skills. * Demonstrated ability to balance multiple concurrent activities with a high degree of accuracy. * Ability to interact regularly and effectively with technical, business and administrative groups within the Laboratory, with external collaborators and in the experimental User community. * Proven experience with Oracle Data Browser and Oracle Electronic Business Suite (eBS) applications is highly desired (e.g., Financials, Project Accounting, Accounts Payable, and/or Materials Management Systems). In the absence of such experience, the ability to learn to use the inquiry and reporting aspects of Oracle eBS applications and Data Browser for these systems in a short time (4-6 weeks) will be expected. * Knowledge of electronic time keeping/effort reporting systems (e.g., summarizing and reconciling effort charged to various activities; generating and distributing reports for project review and approval; submitting and verifying corrections for miss-charged time).
Relocation is not available for this position.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
HUMAN FACTORS: Mental Concentration, Sitting, Tight Work Schedule, Visually Demanding
* Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time. * Ability and willingness to occasionally work beyond the normal workday and on weekends during critical reporting periods.
There is no legal requirement that Fermilab sponsor an employee for U.S. permanent residence. As a result, Fermilab will make the decision to sponsor an employee on a case-by-case basis. Fermilab will consider the following factors, among others, when determining whether to sponsor an employee for U.S. permanent residence: performance, length of service, long-term need for the position, and cost.
Diverse People, Diverse Jobs
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V