This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 2/22/2017
Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth
JOB DESCRIPTIONAccounting Analyst
Are you passionate about analyzing financial data within a non-profit environment*
Come join a team responsible for compiling, analyzing and auditing financial information for various programs in a not for profit environment.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for compiling and reviewing financial information, collecting records and analyzing data to determine costs of business activity while making estimates for new and proposed program costs. The goal of the position is to develop integrated revenue/expense trend analyses, projections, reports, and presentations while creating and analyzing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports; ensures financial information is recorded accurately.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
* Minimum a Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business, Accounting or Finance.
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area; preferably in a mid-size, non-profit organization.
* Demonstrated ability to apply financial management, fiscal planning techniques and a variety of the accounting concepts, practices, and procedures such as but not limited to GAAP principles
* Develops integrated revenue/expense trend analyses, projections, reports, and presentations.
* Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports; ensures financial information is recorded accurately.
* Proven ability to identify trends and developments in competitive environments; presents findings to senior analyst.
* Advanced computer skills including but not limited to MS Office suite including specifically MS Excel and other financial related systems
* Demonstrated decision making, organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, including attention to detail
* Must have a clean, valid driver s license in accordance with Agency guidelines
* Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
* Ability to work with a culturally and economically diverse population