Financial Analyst - Capital Investments Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
West Lebanon, NH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition ID 42133BR
Title Financial Analyst - Capital Investments
Job Category Finance & Auditing
Novo Nordisk in West Lebanon, New Hampshire is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with the Investment project group to provide financial business insight & create business value by influencing financial investment decision making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead & prepare investment project budgets, forecast & variance analysis
* Responsible for consolidation of investment data for financial reporting
* Transparency, compliance & visibility of financial information on investment projects
* Develop and implement financial reports for stakeholders, ensuring reliability of data
* Develop standard work processes
* Financial partner with business unit to provide business insight and create business value
* Analyze, budget and forecast financial data
* Challenge & support of investment projects, ensuring the business case is clear around financial impact & that proper financial governance is applied
* Participate in investment project meetings at all levels, which includes: Project Team, Senior Leadership, Steering Committees & Investment Governance Groups
* Prepares & delivers timely, well-organized & informative financial data
* Develop, document, implement & continuously improve investment cost controlling tools
* Investment project cash flow management
* Investment project capitalization application & compliance
* Review & approve investment purchase requisitions
* Perform assigned month end processes & monthly reporting
* Provide support, assistance & back-up to & with financial processes & audits
* Ad hoc reporting: creating, developing, presenting, improving
* Participate in & support project work related to finance
* Support projects on systematic problem solving or deep dive when cost challenges appear
* Other accountabilities as assigned
* Majority of day is spent in a normal office environment
* Ability to perform extensive daily data entry & work on the computer for multiple hours at a time. Able to work weekends &/or holidays, when needed or necessary. Ability to adjust schedule to work with colleagues in other time zones.
* Travel: international & domestic, as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics or related field
* 5+ years Financial Analytical Experience or Equivalent
* Financial background in capital project work and environment
* Knowledge of Business Processes in Manufacturing & Operations
* Strong ability to analyze & think strategically
* Proficiency in creating & delivering charts, graphs & presentations
* Superior written & oral communication skills with colleagues at all levels
* Ability to establish credibility & influence with diverse audiences
* Strong process improvement, problem solving & organizational skills
* Highly motivated & Energetic, experience to leading projects & taking initiative
* Strong understanding and experience of Lean and similar concepts
* Experience developing & managing action plans to achieve targets
* Able to work weekends and/or holidays, when needed or necessary
Department NNUSBPI - BUSINESS SUPPORT
Position Location US - Lebanon, NH
City West Lebanon
State/Provinces US - NH
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you ll feel a difference right from the start. It s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or click on the following link to submit your request: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/novoaccommodation. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this site. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request by selecting \\"Yes\\" in Question 2 on the site. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in Question 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.