This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Financial Analyst is responsible for providing key strategic commercial partnership with internal stakeholders through client financial support. This position will support the financial processes for identified client accounts as well as to assist management as needed. Position is also responsible for weekly updates and on-going analysis and reporting of staffing allocations for the local office. The position requires a passion for problem solving, an advanced proficiency in Excel and high comfort with exploratory business analysis to synthesize findings into clear, actionable presentations. The Financial Analyst will be liaison between client account management, accounting and the staffing allocation team.
CLIENT ACCOUNT FINANCE SUPPORT (UP TO 2 MAJOR CLIENT ACCOUNTS)
* Understand and maintain client directed process and procedures.
* Review proposed scope of services and corresponding budgets (i.e., review pricing and staffing plans for client budgets)
* Ensure submitted SOWs are in client requested format
* Oversee billing process, liaising with designated biller
* Ensure billing deadlines and responsibilities are met
* Collect monthly activity summaries from client account team members, review accuracy of financial information, and assemble into final report. Review final version with account leads.
* Communicate client billing and SOW requirements to other offices on the account, ensuring they are well-trained on the process and preparing acceptable SOWs.
* Ensure timely completion of interoffice work agreement (IOA)
* Monitor all submitted plans and maintain a log of the status of SOWs.
* Work with appropriate office team to request new client numbers and communicate new job numbers to team
* Input and monitor all client program budgets for both fee and out-of-pocket expenses and report on same
* Conduct proactive analysis of variances from budget
* Provide context/point of view/recommendations when providing reports
* Prepare monthly and weekly required spreadsheets as instructed (i.e., weekly time reports)
* Think about the business environment and make recommendations as to any required course corrections
* Assist with pricing, scoping and ensuring proper staffing allocations against budget
* Proactively monitor and input processes to mitigate business risk
* Share and communicate findings and headlines in an action-oriented and concise manner
* Assist with client financial management with smaller accounts as needed
STAFFING ALLOCATIONS (LOCAL OFFICE):
* Distribute, consolidate and populate account review sheets
* Support and assist teams in ensuring optimal staffing mix for accounts
* Receive staffing request e-mails and update applicable worksheets
* Meet regularly with staffing team, provide updated request list with availabilities
* Work with accounting and staffing team to develop, facilitate and manage innovative operational processes and tracking systems to support the recruitment and staffing of agency accounts
* Maintain other information needed for accurate forecasting
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR STAFF ALLOCATIONS
* Focus on Data-Driven Results: Relentlessly pursue the improvement of office performance.
* Innovative Problem-Solving: Approach work with a sense of possibility and see challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving, take initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions.
* Adaptability/Flexibility: Excel in constantly changing environments and adapt flexibly in shifting projects or priorities to meet the needs of a dynamic transformation effort, comfortable with ambiguity and non-routine situations.
* Teamwork: Increase the effectiveness of surrounding teams through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others, sensitive to diversity in all its forms, respect and commitment to learning from others
* Dependability: Do whatever it takes to consistently deliver with high quality under tight deadlines, successfully manage own projects through strong organization, detailed workplans, and balancing of multiple priorities.
* Communication and Customer Service Skills: Communicate clearly and compellingly with diverse groups in both oral and written forms, anticipate and respond to staff needs in a high-quality and courteous manner
* Participate in the development and communication of new systems and procedures
* Construct a standardized reporting infrastructure for client financial management
* Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
* Attend weekly team and other meetings as directed/required
* Maintain accurate filling systems for plans, budgets, etc.
* Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Financial or Business Administration
* Advanced Excel skills and demonstrated success with analytics and impactful story-telling
* 1-2 years experience in SAP and Business Warehouse
* Knowledge of Agencys proprietary Agency Chemist software
* Understanding of basic accounting principles
* Ability to create a friendly and professional rapport with internal staff and external parties
* Strong attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize changing priorities
* Strong communication skills, ability to interact effectively with employees of all levels, and willingness to be a strategic partner with business stakeholders
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.