Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
North Charleston, SC
At Ingevity, we re working hard to fulfill our potential. What about yours* At a time when many companies and careers are stalling, we are not. In fact, we recently became a stand-alone, publicly traded performance chemicals and materials company. We are dedicated to advancing technologies that improve daily living in oilfield, pavement, carbon and industrial markets, and we re positioned to grow at a rapid pace.
We re expanding and continue to invest in our operations to grow our businesses. And we re not finished. We are also, more importantly, investing in top talent. We re seeking individuals who will propel our business to even higher levels of success. We prize creativity and imagination - and our innate curiosity means we re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
Bold. Innovative. Visionary. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success. Would you like to join our bold culture and begin a career at one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina*
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT INGEVITY:
* Take ownership of the SG&A process, including annual budgeting, periodic forecasting, monthly auditing and reporting as well as ad-hoc projects
* Take ownership of the consolidated capital expenditure forecast and modeling, in conjunction with the plant finance and engineering and corporate engineering
* Take ownership of COGS head office budgeting, forecasting, actual reporting, and monthly cost center review meetings.
* Working with corporate engineering, design and own process for post completion reviews on capital projects.
* Take ownership and report on consolidated Ingevity productivity reporting and validation to the P&L actual results.
* Perform ad hoc financial analysis; from strategic capital projects to acquisition analysis.
* This position does not have direct reports, however, the corporate FP&A group will provide analytic resources to the Segment & Operations Finance Directors as needed for both ad hoc analysis and monthly periodic reporting.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* An undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field. Other degrees will be considered if paired with an MBA.
* MBA preferred
* 0-2 years experience working in financial analysis
* Experience and excellent proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel)
* Experience with SAP/SAP BW
* Professional experience in an operations environment with a manufacturing company preferred
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* This position is designed for someone capable of joining our team as a true business partner and thought leader. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal skills with all types of employees and outstanding communications skills in all formats are essential.
At Ingevity, we believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results. That s why we harness the exceptional ingenuity and relentless drive of our people to conquer complex customer challenges of today and tomorrow.
We are a talented, trusted and tenacious team, and we push the bounds of what s possible for our customers, day in and day out. We are creative and resourceful, constantly exploring fresh ways of bringing our people, products and processes together to solve problems, big and small. And we are determined to set and exceed standards, developing and delivering high-performance solutions that make a real difference in the real world-enabling oil to flow better, colors to shine brighter, roads to last longer and air to breathe cleaner.
In the end, we know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
With about 1,500 employees worldwide, we operate in 13 countries and serve customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we re doing business, we do things the right way with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.