Financial Analyst - Denver, CO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of employee benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team.
This position provides financial reporting, analysis, pricing and planning efforts for BioScrip Infusion Services
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Support complex financial and operational analysis, including conducting monthly review of site-level financial statements and key operating metrics
* Assist with financial and business assessments of proposed and existing strategic initiatives
* Assist with preparation and review of Management and Board reporting packages
* Assist with annual budgeting process for assigned branches/areas and support in other areas
* Leadership role in quarterly forecasting process inclusive of data collection, modeling and validation of results
* Prepare various ad hoc operating and financial reporting and analysis
* Partner with accounting staff to understand and explain all P&L line items, and variances to budget
* Assist with system/technology initiatives related to analysis and budgeting, including ongoing development of business intelligence tools
* Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
* Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned
* No supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach outward, and handle/finger.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder, climb, crawl, squat, kneel, and bend.
* The employee must be able to frequently push/pull 15lbs or less and occasionally push/pull up to 50lbs.
* The employee must be able to lift/carry up to 15lbs frequently and up to 35lbs occasionally.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Employee must be able to manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone, and hand-held devices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
* The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree required (Business or Economics Major preferred)
* Two to four years of work experience in Finance or related field
* Experience with health care a plus, but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Analysis of financial statements and preparation of financial models including integrated 3-statement financial models
* Analysis of cash flow forecast models
* Understanding of the key operational performance drivers of a business
* Ability to extract useful information from large sets of unorganized or incomplete data
* Interaction with clients/personnel at all levels of a corporation
* Ability to manage discrete aspects of multiple work streams (organizational skills)
* Uses problem solving skills to provide alternative solutions to complex issues
* Efficient business writer with ability to identify business issues and present key findings and recommendations in succinct, executive-style format
* Confident speaker & presenter (can communicate with personnel at all levels)
* Must be highly motivated, have solid work ethic and strong attention to detail
* Commitment to promoting integrity, leadership and objectivity
* Entrepreneurial team player who can excel in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
* Advanced Microsoft Office user, with particular focus on using Excel and PowerPoint to produce executive-ready analysis
* Programming and database experience a plus
* Report directly to the Director of FP&A with significant C-Suite exposure, including presenting ad hoc analysis directly to CFO and operational leadership
* Estimated travel requirements are 10%
* Candidates should be prepared to work in a team environment and are expected to manage day-to-day responsibilities and project work independently.
* Position requires creativity, resourcefulness and independent judgment.
* Candidates will also be expected to help develop solutions to problems and provide value to internal customers.
* Must have scheduling flexibility and be able to work overtime and weekends
Ability to read, analyze and interpret business information, professional journals, clinical information, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pharmaceutical calculations, taxes, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to prepare and reconcile accrual and prepaid journals to the general ledger. Ability to read and interpret profit and loss statements. Ability to prepare budgets and revenue projections.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of abstract variables.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.