This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MUST HAVE HOSPITAL OR LARGE CLINIC EXPERIENCE.
Under the supervision and direction of the CFO, the Financial Analyst will support the financial and clinical departments in report and analyzing data.
The Financial Analyst will serve as subject matter expert regarding McKesson STAR SQL report writing, MS Access database and other vendor applications report writing.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for performing multiple projects for the development of information and reporting tools that include both financial and clinical data to managers, directors, vice presidents, and executive staff in support of institutional goals and patient care operations. This position will interact with all levels of institutional personnel, particularly in Accounting, Administration, Patient Care Operations & Managed Care. This position assists in the review of new programs and operational efficiency, and performs customer. The person in this position must have systems, accounting, financial and interpersonal skills sets.
Promotes and coordinates standardization of development, maintenance and scheduling STAR Vista (KB-SQL) Reporting and MS Access database, including coordination with any outsourced support vendor, if applicable.
Proves leadership to financial and clinical departments in identifying, development, implementing and maintaining efficient, effective reports.
Communicates complex concepts and issues effectively (written and oral) across all levels within the organization. Facilitates problem solving within and between departments.
Resolves system related problems through appropriate research methods and communication with user department personnel and vendor personnel.
Develops initiatives to provide relevant feedback via reports and extracts to the financial and clinical decision support items.
Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
Functions as the primary application report writing specialist as needed and coordinates priorities for reporting requests.
Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services provided to financial related departments.
Must have hospital or large clinic experience.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Minimum of two years relevant experience with writing and supporting reporting needs with a detailed understanding of how the financial and clinical systems communicate / interact in an acute care hospital setting. This position requires prior report writing experience in a large hospital or IDN setting.; The optimal applicant will have several years of relevant experience working closely with report writing in one of the major clinical system's providers, such as McKesson products; STAR Patient Accounting, Materials Management, ADT, Patient Billing are depolyed at SJMC, this would be preferred experience for this position.
* Must be skilled in MS Excel, MS Access and Macros
* Knowledge base should include techniques for proper accounting, forecasting, accounting information systems, financial analysis and decision support, hospital finance, and organizational effectiveness.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Bachelors' degree or equivalent education / experience in Computer Science, Healthcare Infomatics, Accounting, Finance, or Business Management or a similar discipline.
* Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
* Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
* Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
* Use of 10-key by touch and experience.
* Extensive experience in MS Excel & MS Access for financial reporting, analysis, modeling, and database manipulation.
* Intermediate to advanced skills in other MS applications (Word & Power Point) as well as database query language (SQL) & various database GUI applications (e.g. Clear Access, Brio, Crystal Reports, Hyperion, etc.)
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Understanding of reporting tools functionality and capabilities.
* Understands DNV and HIPAA privacy and security.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications.
* Strong personal drive with ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, produce deliverables and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment with little or no direct supervision.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Employee Status: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Days
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled