Financial Analyst II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 2/25/2017
With guidance from leadership the Senior Financial Analyst position is responsible for analyzing, researching, interpreting and reporting complex financial issues. This position is heavily involved in monthly/quarterly close processes, year end audit preparation and assigned projects. As a member of the Financial Reporting team, this role is expected to support efforts in improving financial processes, ensuring reporting accuracy and building relationships in the organization that achieve these goals.
This position reports directly to the Financial Reporting Manager, has no direct reports and is at the System level in the Accounting department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare monthly consolidation and reporting of financial and operational results, ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and System policies and procedures, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of information.
- Analyze monthly financial statements identifying suspect transactions and articulating finding to the Financial Reporting Manager.
- Assist leadership with preparation of quarter-end comparative financial statements utilized in quarterly bond compliance reporting.
- Research financial/accounting issues and propose changes to Management necessary to maintain the integrity of financial information.
- Co-ordinate quarterly bond reporting and expedite when circumstances arise.
- Prepare year end audit reporting for external auditors. Identify and research audit issues and questions.
- Prepare quarterly presentations for senior leadership team to their specifications and review with the Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Assist leadership with the preparation of quarterly management discussion and analyses for distribution to the CHRISTUS Board, CHRISTUS Audit Committee, and CHRISTUS Finance and Strategy Committee.
- Compile and analyze aged patient accounts receivables report by Region, ensuring timely notification of issues and/or unusual trending to the Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Compile, review and prepare inter-regional and intra-regional Elimination transactions.
- Assist the System Group in researching out of balance items that may occur after data is extracted from the source system.
- Assist the System Group with the reconciliation of data in Hyperion Enterprise, whenever needed.
- Resolve Enterprise kickouts, ensuring that they are properly mapped or reclassified.
- Support Senior Management, Regional and Corporate Associates with data requests and analyses.
- Assist with maintenance of the General Ledger account structures and reports.
- Complete special projects assigned by the Manager of Financial Reporting, Director of Financial Reporting or System Controller.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Health Care Administration preferred
- Ability to analyze complex accounting and financial issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products required
- Knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations & legislation as related to accounting functions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently on special projects and complex assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization.
- Knowledge of Meditech and Hyperion Enterprise preferred
- B. Experience
- Four or more years of advanced experience in financial and operational analysis
- Experience in the healthcare industry strongly preferred
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- No certification required; but CPA preferred