Financial Analyst II Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPartner with your Finance team to create information solutions for manufacturing challenges, and enhance delivery, quality, and cost medical devices for patients
ENDOSCOPY & UROLOGY/ WOMEN\'S HEALTH
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Urology and Women's Health we deliver solutions to urological and gynecological disorders like kidney and bladder stones, stress urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and excessive uterine bleeding.
In the Endoscopy division, we provide advanced technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make investment in non-vascular treatments.
Provide financial and management information and services to site and corporate management to enable smooth day-to-day business operations. Responsible for maintaining production data collection, allocating costs, and preparing reports.
- Perform the timely month-end accounting close by the third business day of the month, meeting all corporate reporting deadlines. Prepare journal entries, spreadsheets, and reports as needed in order to efficiently and correctly generate site financial statements.
- Provide site and corporate management with relevant financial and management reporting each month and on an as-needed basis. Educate users regarding report implications. Express opinions to management regarding financial results and possible outcomes of decision-making.
- Prepare annual Cost Center spending and headcount budget.
- Be an advocate for corporate-and site-driven financial initiatives such as new software implementation, new accounting methodologies, business process improvement, and corporate and site initiatives.
- Maintain skill set through a combination of continuing professional education, reading of current business and accounting literature, membership in professional societies, and a general awareness of current societal and business trends.
- Perform job duties and responsibilities according to generally accepted accounting principle (GAAP) and Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in an ethical manner. Maintain confidentiality of data and knowledge as required. Comply with all corporate and professional guidelines regarding personal integrity and business ethics.
- Ensures that costs are allocated according to established procedures.
- Gathers historical cost data on such activities as material purchases, labor, scrap yield, shipments, value of production, etc.
- Investigates cost structures for new and existing plant products.
- Costs new services or products by developing unit costs and projecting expenses.
- Oversees daily, weekly, monthly report preparation that compare projections with actual results.
- May prepare existing or projected profitability analyses.
- May recommend, design, or develop revisions to the cost accounting system.
- Support the BW system, VIP and SOX programs for the plant.
- Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to plant management.
- Assists in budgeting, schedules, and performance standards.
- Has frequent contact with managers concerning projects, operational decisions, or scheduling requirements.
- Must comply with requirements of ISO 14001:2004 and BSC Environmental, Health and Safety standards and follow procedures and instructions related to these standards.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
Three to Five year's experience in finance, particularly manufacturing. Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and computer systems in general.
Master's degree in business administration (MBA) or professional certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is preferred.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Nearest Major Market: Bloomington Indiana
Job Segment: Financial, Financial Analyst, Accounting, Finance MBA, CPA, Finance