This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The STANLEY Security Financial Analyst supports the Director of Finance and VP of Businesses Development and is responsible for 3 primary functions:
(1) BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (BD) ACTIVITY for the various Security businesses within the U.S. and Canada (CSS-Convergent Security, SAT - Automatic Doors, Healthcare and SMS Mechanical Security).
2) FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR THE STANLEY LOCAL SECURITY (SLS) BUSINESS. This newly formed business unit is the confederation of select Stanley CSS branches and recent security acquisitions that meet specific attributes such as strong local market presence with a focus on small to medium-sized customers with high recurring revenue. Currently ~$54M in Annual Sales | 20+% Operating Margin and is key strategic growth driver for the Security business.
3) Business SPECIAL PROJECTS requests as required.
Business Development Support
1. Financial Modeling. Help prepare for prospective acquisition targets or other BD projects.
2. Financial Due Diligence. Assist team with Finance Due Diligence activity and also help refine and standardize the Due Diligence questionnaire, vendor request list and key task list by Function.
3. Assist with preparing the business case presentations to senior management for go / no-go decisions on acquisitions.
4. Integration. Help coordinate the development of and further standardize the detailed Integration Workplans working with Finance and Business Management and the Integration Management Office (IMO).
5. Reporting. Help track and report out the overall financial, synergy and cost realization results post-acquisition versus Plan Targets. This will also include helping maintain the Security BD Tracker and MegaHedge reporting.
Financial Support for Stanley Local Security Business
* Monthly Close. Analyze financials, prepare journal entries as needed and prepare monthly results variance analysis for review with business and Finance leadership.
* Reporting. Assist with weekly / monthly reporting of business KPIs / Financial Outlook. Support Working Capital pulse reviews (AR Aging report / action plans, Inventory action plans).
8. Planning. Assist with quarterly forecast and annual budget cycles. Help further refine templates, inputs and loading data into HFM.
9. Perform ad-hoc reporting requests and drive standard reporting where applicable.
BUSINESS SPECIAL PROJECTS
10. Support Business / Finance Management with Special Requests as needed. This may include Competitor / Market Analysis, Security Group FP&A support, New Customer Pricing Models, and Revenue Stream / Project Profitability analysis to help drive strategic business decisions.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated and detail oriented individual. Effective team building and project management skills are imperative to ensure proper collaboration across various functions within the business and across the company.
Process oriented with a finance background with experience in a financial close process, financial modeling, results analysis and financial reporting and planning (forecasting, budgeting).
Comfortable in a fast paced and changing environment. Experience in a corporate environment.
Ability to meet strict and challenging deadlines under pressure
Undergraduate degree required, preferably in accounting, finance, or economics.
1-4 years of experience in finance: FP&A, commercial, operations, or corporate
Prefer candidates with experience in a dynamic, large company environment, as well as experience with financial analysis
Demonstrated record or project management skills
Strong analytical skills
Articulate and effective communication skills with an appreciation for cultural dynamics
Ability to gain trust and confidence and must be able to maintain confidentiality
Advanced Excel skills; strong Microsoft Office skills
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.