Financial Analyst-Inventory Control
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Financial Analyst-Inventory Control will provide financial support for the product, packaging, and ingredients inventory of the organization. Responsibilities include financial reporting and management reporting for the business, establishing and monitoring effective controls, and financial support for continuous improvement. This position will be a key support role for the Ardent Mills Inventory Control team. This position reports to the Ardent Mills Inventory Control Manager and has direct accountability to Operations Finance, Supply Chain, Risk Management, and Plant Operations.
* Oversee and ensure the accuracy of the business financial statements through month end close activities, analysis and investigation. Provide operations, supply chain, and risk management financial support at the corporate and mill/plant level.
* Drive systematic improvement in ERP systems around inventory management. Work with operations finance and plant operations to drive accurate, consistent, and streamlined inventory reporting.
* Implement and maintain adequate and effective internal controls across the business processes including managing accounting policies and procedures including effective metrics to track progress, trends, etc.
* Support business planning and forecasting processes.
* Complete other projects, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
* 20-30% travel as necessary.
Skills & Experience
* Bachelor s degree in business with an emphasis in accounting or finance preferred
* 2+ years in accounting or finance positions
* Extensive experience working in a team environment
* Past experience working with perpetual inventory systems
* Strong financial reporting and technical skills with deep understanding of GAAP regulatory compliance
* Strong accounting expertise in inventory valuation, derivatives, internal controls, and hedge accounting
* Demonstrated capability to collaborate and execute cross functionally
* Strategic thinking to establish, improve and stream line processes and procedures
* Excellent communication (both written and verbal), presentation and influencing skills
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
* Ability to work on multiple, complex projects, simultaneously and see them to completion with limited supervision.
* Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.