This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
UTi Worldwide Inc.
Support the General Manager in recording and retrieving financial details of the company, including maintaining financial records, processing payments, P&L, projection reports and forecasting. .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide a complete finance service to the whole of the facility, addressing all issues of a finance nature and providing all relevant information to meet internal demands. These services may include, but are not limited to, any of the following: budget setting, reporting and control, income management, financial reporting, annual accounts preparation, debt management.
* Work closely with the General Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
* Support the General Manager by inputting into purchase ledgers from source documents
* Matching invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices
* Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
* Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
* Plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company's monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
* Ensure swift payment of invoices
* Resolution of finance related queries
* Assist with end of year preparation and procedures
* Provide financial support to team members
* Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role
* Accurate revenue capture monthly
* Weekly forecasting and operating profit.
* Monthly analysis of customer profitability
* Validation of contract requirement against actual work performed
* Work with staff on mitigating chargebacks
* Performs other duties as required
* Supervises local accounting assistants, and other resources as determined by site level operating agreements.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* Bachelor's Degree in related field and/or experience of working within a finance department
* Basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Power Point, Word
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Basic Math for financial application and Strong analytical skill set
* Awareness of the provisions of the Data Protection Act and be able to apply these within the organization
* Good communication and listening skills
* Great organizational skills used in planning own work
* Calm and professional disposition
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic
* Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
* Able to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration
* Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
* Able to manage high volume workload
* Able to work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision
* Good analytical ability
* Good problem solving ability
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.