Financial Analyst Lead - IT-Operations Admin (FINANCIAL ANL 4)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/8/2017
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Financial Analyst Lead - IT-Operations Admin (FINANCIAL ANL 4)
Finance & I.T.
Mission Center Building
40 ; 100%
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
Under the direction of the Senior Finance Manager for Information Technology, the Financial Analyst Lead will be responsible for creating and maintaining drafts of the annual operating budgets for approval by the Finance Manager and Director. The Financial Analyst Lead will perform complex financial analysis for their assigned groups in Enterprise IT service towers, and have support from the Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst Lead will be a partner to, and work closely with, the Enterprise IT leadership teams to be fully responsible for the financial performance of the service tower, and carry out all finance functions to ensure that financial statements are accurate, managed properly, and easy to comprehend by stakeholders.
The Financial Analyst Lead will also work closely with Medical Center s Accounting Department, Decision Support Services (DSS), Campus Budget Office, Campus FAS Financial Service Center, and Campus Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Minimum of four years of experience in a related role
* Advanced degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
* Advanced knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems
* Ability to identify, collect and analyze information from a variety of sources
* Ability to present complex finance related information in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and verbally
* In depth ability to use multiple spreadsheet and database software tools to gather information for specialized, complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports
* Advanced Interpersonal skills at all levels within the organization; service orientation; advanced critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, effective organizational skills
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities
* Ability to function as a member of a team
* Advanced knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels
* Critical thinking and creative problem solving
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* Knowledge of UCSF and system-wide financial processes and procedures
* Healthcare or Academic Medical Center industry experience
* Information Technology experience
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page