Financial Analyst - Tulsa, OK
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCorporate Overview
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Continental Industries, headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was formed in 1958 and is today a leading manufacturer of connectors for gas, propane, and water distribution service lines and exothermic welding products for electrical grounding, cathodic protection, lightning protection, and electric railways.
Continental Industries has manufacturing locations in Tulsa and Broken Arrow, Oklahoma and is the industry leader in the manufacturing of plastic and steel mechanical fittings for the Gas & Water industry. From the Constab to Scope, steel saddles to HVT, quality and service is what drives us at Continental Industries.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
* Assist in preparation of income statements, balance sheets, cash-flow statements, budget, & forecasting.
* Prepare monthly journal entries.
* Complete multi-state Sales & Use tax returns.
* Perform all balance sheet reconciliations and maintain accounts in good standing.
* Reconcile inventory on a monthly basis.
* Monitor inventory accuracy and implements corrective actions as needed.
* Assist in all monthly, quarterly and year end closings; continually make improvements to processes; maintain close checklist.
* Participate in the annual budgeting process.
* Develop, maintain, and analyze standard costs.
* Maintain Fixed Assets accounting; submit capital expenditure requests to corporate and track all capital spending.
* Lead and assist with projects associated with development of the Finance Department
* Provide financial expertise to internal management assisting them in strategic and operating decisions.
* Coordinate semi-annual internal audits; assist with year-end external audits.
* Comply with all Sarbanes Oxley requirements; maintain all SOX narratives and risk control matrixes.
* Prepare various cost reports on a weekly/monthly basis.
* Monitor bank transactions semi-weekly; verify all deposits are recorded.
* Complete A/R Roll forward daily and submit to corporate.
* Update various payroll tracking data on a weekly basis.
* Maintain and organize AccountingMonth-end folders.
* Serve as first back-up to accounting assistant, specifically cash application (about once a month).
* Serve as second back-up to credit analyst, specifically holds report & releasing orders (semi-monthly to weekly)
Core Competency Requirements
* Customer Focus
* Strategic Thinking
* Business Knowledge
* Functional Excellence
* Integrity & Ethics
* Results Drive/Initiative
* Professional Maturity
* Establishes Priorities
Skills & Qualifications
* Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance with 3 6 years related experience in a manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of resource planning systems, accounting and payroll software, and MS Office Suite to include Excel and Word
* Knowledge of GAAP, SOX, and Lean principals
* Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Must be pro-active, detail oriented with high degree of accuracy and an open and direct communicator.
* Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple to complex instructions and correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Strong mathematical skills: In addition to the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, must have an understanding of common financial metrics and the ability to apply financial results as relates to the company s performance.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.