This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes website at www.alkermes.com .
Primary responsibilities will be financial planning, reporting and analysis supporting Waltham, MA functions (Commercial, R&D, G&A). In this role, the Financial Analyst (FA) will support accrual preparation, financial analysis and reporting / presentation development for various financial processes (monthly close, forecast, budget, long range planning).
* This individual will allocate support time across Waltham, MA functions (estimated ~60% Commercial, ~20% R&D, ~20% G&A)
* Assist in preparation of the monthly financial reporting package
* Assist in preparation of the quarterly financial forecast process that updates the organization on the latest estimates for the fiscal year
* Participate in the month end closing process from a review perspective as well as make closing journal entries and re-classes (separate from Accts entries)
* Time Reporting/Labor Tracking/Utilization analysis
* Develop and maintain standard and ad-hoc financial reporting through HFM and Essbase (FA will be power-user in the financial systems)
* Assist with special projects and analyses as required
Key Skills & Experience
* Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Mathematics with 2 - 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a fast paced/high growth environment; MBA or Professional accounting qualification (CPA or equivalent) a plus.
* Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* Advanced knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems i.e. Hyperion Planning, HFM and Essbase, as well as expert MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word) abilities
* This position requires professional written and oral communication skills, as well as sound interpersonal skills. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings and work with cross-functional leaders
* Self-starter with impeccable ethics and integrity with ability to demonstrate strong leadership qualities in complicated situations
* Proven presentation, communication, verbal and written skills, with a clear ability to communicate amongst various levels of the organization; fluency in English both written and oral required
* Must have strong analytical and organizational skills with a great deal of attention to detail
* Responsible and extremely resourceful in finding answers and solutions when information and data is not readily available
* Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work well independently as well as be a strong team player
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.