This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The Financial Analyst, reporting to the Controller, provides support to Dole's berry business unit with daily and periodic financial analysis.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
* Generate monthly financial reports and report variance summary to Management.
* Ability to understand a financial statement in order to provide analytical support to Corporate and Farm operations, including variance explanations and recommendations.
* Lead monthly forecast process, work with cross-functional departments in compiling relevant data and provide comprehensive analysis.
* Ability to understand the farming cost structure and provide support to OPS on accounting coding purposes.
* Lead budget process for all Strawberry farms such as preparing the budget, coordinating and presenting meeting with Finance/Operations team and providing analytical support to variance explanation.
* Ad-hoc analysis, reports: price/volume historical curves; production reports profitability by grower, etc.
* Support management with financial modeling and analysis of critical information for decision making.
* Measure performance of special projects for profitability and cost efficiency.
* Participate in developing long-term strategies for operations, capital expenditure requests, and special projects to improve operating performance.
* Coordinate presentation materials for management meeting to include financial analysis, product costing, yield analysis, product costing, yield analysis and providing analytical support for cost savings, revenue enhancement initiative and labor/safety analysis.
* Planning and implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects and programs.
* Period end closing activities.
* Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, procedures and application.
* Strong PC and mainframe skills including working knowledge of PowerPoint and JD Edwards software.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; with responsive feedback at all times.
* Microsoft Excel skills to include VLOOKUP, pivot table, external linking, and respect for proper database management and accuracy to ensure data quality and integrity.
* Must have the ability to make decisions, appear for work on time, follow directions, Interact well with co-workers, work well both independently as well as in a team environment, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures and to accept constructive criticism.
* Strong attention to detail and a desire to assume new responsibilities.
* Spanish knowledge helpful
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* BA in Accounting or Finance.
* 3-4 years with cost accounting/financial analysis experience
Watsonville, California, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.