This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Trimble is recruiting for a Jr. Controller / Senior Financial Analyst for Agriculture Division to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
The functions of the Sr. Financial Analyst / Jr. Controller position include analysis responsibilities which support the management team of the Agriculture Division in a variety of operational decisions. The position also has a primary responsibility for day to day accounting and finance activities. The position reports to the Division Financial Controller.
* Own the monthly and quarterly accounting close process, including creating and uploading journal entries and delivering the final P&L
* Contribute to acquisition planning and integration
* Collaborate across multiple functions to develop forecasts and financial dashboards
* Work closely with Corporate Finance, Revenue Recognition, FP&A, SOX, other Business Unit and Site Controllers; also some interaction with external auditors
* Work with Senior Division Management team to develop and execute strategic business decisions to drive success of business
* Prepare schedules and analysis for monthly and quarterly business meetings with Trimble Executive Management
* P&L ownership of one or more vertical businesses
* Variance Analysis: Analyze P&L for year-over-year and actual-to-forecast changes in margin and expenses
* Develop P&L models and forecast quarterly and annual results
* Create quarterly outlook and annual target / budget P&L results
* Perform a variety of analysis, audit and other ad hoc projects requested by the Controller
* Provide monthly financial analytical reports and dashboards
* Maintain and develop proper internal controls, especially those mandated by SOX
* Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
Skills & Experience Required:
* The successful candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting or equivalent business experience
* Detail oriented self-starter with solid analytical thinking and excellent communication skills
* Advanced proficiency in Excel including pivot tables and data tables
* Solid experience with business and financial data modeling
* Experience with monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reporting to support business decisions
* Strong analytical ability and forecasting experience (including year-over-year and actual-to-forecast)
* Good organizational and planning skills
* Ability to effectively communicate and interface with various departments
* Revenue recognition experience is an advantage
* CPA a plus
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D