Financial Assistance Advisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Virginia Beach, VA
* Advise students about methods to pay for their education, financial aid eligibility, application procedures, financial assistance programs, costs, indebtedness, money management and financial planning; individualizes information to the particular needs and situation of the student.
* Collects and/or analyzes financial data on students to determine financial aid eligibility and makes awards within federal, donor and/or institutional guidelines.
* Evaluates unusual/mitigating circumstance documentation or information provided by the student; exercises judgment by making adjustment or revisions to costs, contribution, need or dependency status as exceptions to the prescribed process.
* Answers questions, inquiries or requests from students, parents, or guardians in person or in writing regarding financial aid programs and eligibility.
* Analyzes various system generated reports such as grades and enrollment status or award status to verify continued compliance and eligibility of students receiving aid under federal and institutional guidelines; notifies students of changes in eligibility of awards and alternatives to amend the situation.
* Interfaces with students and lenders, employers and/or Student Services staff to resolve issues.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree preferred.
* 2-3 years of related experience.
* Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Proficiency in CampusVue Student database, preferred.
* Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
* Ability to quickly master new methodologies, technologies and systems.
* Ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
* Able to interact with employees, potential students and outside contacts of all levels, providing excellent customer service.
* Ability to work independently and with a team as well as with various constituents
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.