Financial Assistant Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the quality and integrity of patient demographics, insurance information, and completion of MSP, IM and general agreement forms and the processing of all applicable Virtual Gateway applications. Arranges payment collections for self-pay collections.
* Reviews all demographic and insurance information on patients that are admitted to assigned inpatient units.
* Obtains all applicable signatures at time of admission and completing all applicable questionnaires.
* Screens all un/underinsured patients for insurance coverage. If applicable completes a Virtual Gateway application for State assistance programs. Documents in CCC that an application has been submitted and does the necessary follow up to ensure all supporting documentation is submitted.
* Is a point of contact for Case Management and Social Services for assigned inpatient floors.
* Communicates effectively with the Authorization Unit on insurance changes and updates the system and prints a new face sheet.
* High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Solid knowledge of managed care rules and regulations, medical terminology, ICD 9 and CPT codes. This knowledge is generally acquired through a minimum of 2-3 years hospital revenue cycle experience.
* A strong working knowledge of all state-funded insurance product offerings, coordination of benefits and payer requirements.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Prior experience processing virtual gateway applications preferred.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
We are conveniently located at 1135 Tremont St. Our offices are tucked in neatly next to the college campus of Northeastern University. Within walking distance are Symphony Hall, the Huntington Theater, the New England Conservatory of Music, and the Museum of Fine Arts. If it s a nice day, we are just a home run trot away from Fenway Park.
For easy access to the rest of city and the suburbs, both the Commuter Rail and the Orange line are located right next door.
Our department offers flexible hours, casual dress and the panache of working for a world class medical institution.
We take pride in supporting the patient first mission of Beth Israel Deaconess by managing the revenue cycle and offer an incentive program to all employees to encourage the best financial results possible.
Our department offers diverse professional opportunities by interacting and supporting clinical area operations, by implementing cutting edge systems and by our commitment to a work/life approach to business.
Come work and grow with the Revenue Cycle Department of Beth Israel Deaconess!
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf