Financial Audit Manager 8/10/2016
Marina Del Rey, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONFINANCIAL AUDIT MANAGER
An exciting opportunity with our client in the Midwest
Are a successful Financial Audit Manager with experience being responsible for the management of an audit team and successful completion of internal financial audits
_WHAT YOU SHOULD BE READY TO DO:_
* Identify, document, and evaluate the company's financial and operational internal controls.
* Plan and develop the risk-based audit scope and applicable testing plan, as well as assist with the enterprise risk assessment.
* Manage various audit projects (Sarbanes-Oxley financial, other financial-related, regulatory compliance, and operational) at corporate and subsidiary locations. Work would include interviews/walkthroughs, audit testing, working paper reviews, and documentation of results/deficiencies.
* Provide advisory services to the organization's management and staff.
* Provide management, ongoing training, coaching and supervision to financial audit staff.
* Participate in the preparation of Audit Committee materials, including summarizing key audit issues.
* Work directly with Audit Director to report results of audit reviews and testing.
* Coordinate with external auditors on the Sarbanes-Oxley review, as well as regulators and other stakeholders.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%.
_WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING FOR THIS POSITION:_
* 6-8 years of relevant work experience in public or internal audit with emphasis on financial audit and SEC reporting and at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
* International and/or financial services industry experience a plus.
* Big 4 experience preferred; CPA, CIA, or relevant professional certification a plus.
* Fluent English required; other languages a plus.
* Excellent quantitative, problem solving and analytical skills.
* Excellent communication skills; written, oral and presentation.
* Outstanding time/project management skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to execute and deliver under challenging circumstances.
* Self-motivated and ability to work/travel independently.