Financial Auditor 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A leading financial institution located in Newark, NJ is seeking a 3-5 year audit professional who can engage in all aspects of the audit process including the planning, control analysis, testing, issue development and reporting phases as a team lead. The right person must demonstrate strong project management skills and must be willing to work in a growth encouraged atmosphere.
* Provide direction and training to less experienced audit staff
* Demonstrate strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments.
* Effectively and confidently develop audit issues that address the root cause of control deficiencies identified during the course of an audit.
* Participate in the audit scheduling process
* Develop an external focus by establishing and maintaining key business relationships with the management teams in the various investment related businesses
* Collaborate with control partners to remain current on business developments and emerging risks.
* A Bachelor's Degree is required and an MBA is a plus.
* Accounting, Finance, Economics and/or Quantitative major is desired, but not required and a relevant certification (e.g. CPA, CIA) is a plus
* A minimum of 3-5 years of audit experience; Big 4 accounting experience is a plus.
* Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: asset management, retirement (e.g. 401k 403b, IRA), commercial mortgages, real estate, public and private fixed income, credit analysis, investment valuation, life insurance, annuity products, broker/dealers or mutual funds is required
* Knowledge of SEC, FINRA, Federal Reserve, or State Insurance related rules, and regulations.
* Experience with risk assessment, control analysis and audit methodology.
* Working knowledge of financial, operational, information technology and compliance risk concepts.
* Strong project management and analytical skills
* Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
* Experience in the use of data and data analytics a plus