This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
The Data Optimization role is a new position being created to support the data governance and reporting optimization of the Financial Planning & Analysis organization of Brighthouse Financial as part of the separation of the U.S. Retail business as a standalone company with US$200 billion plus of assets and capitalization of US$10 billion plus. The business includes Life and Annuities. Critical to the unit's operations, the candidate will need strong organizational, technical, and analytical skills. Candidate will assist with ensuring that the concept of "One Source of Financial Truth" is strictly adhered to when providing monthly business and ad hoc support to senior management.
* Review technical business requirements and understand business concepts to communicate with potential data sources.
* Work with stakeholders to communicate requirements to upstream sources.
* Identify, review, and analyze potential upstream data sources to determine best-fit for data sourcing initiatives.
* Ensure tools and templates are built to allow for efficient execution of business processes.
* Draft, review and maintain policies and procedures that are needed for the business.
* Ensure processes are in place to measure overall effectiveness of resources and ensure continuous maximization.
* Develop and implement systemic improvements to systems that ensure continued compliance and effectiveness.
* Maintain relationships with stakeholders and act as a liaison to various internal groups.
* Provide recommendations on how to enhance overall data sourcing framework.
* Internal: interacts with management of client/peer groups to fully understanding business initiatives and consequent financial reporting needs. Provides appropriate data interpretations, recommendations and education communications to management based on financial analysis activities.
* 3-5years in support of technical projects (i.e. project management, technical development, technical analyst).
* 5+ years of finance or accounting experience in a public or private company environment.
* Knowledge of Hyperion Planning a plus.
* Financial services industry experience desired.
* Data Management experience - data sourcing, data analysis, data architecture, system flows.
* Ability to operate in a flexible and evolving/challenging business environment.
* PC proficiency with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate with all levels of management.
* Ability to understand complex technical concepts, and to be able to communicate to finance organizations.
* Ability to work independently and in team environment.
* Ability to partner with people both in own unit and throughout the organization (and of various levels).
* BA/BSdegree in Finance, Accounting or related field.