Financial Controller / CPA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONA privately owned boutique by design Insurance company in Miami is looking for a high net-worth individuals has an exciting opportunity for a career-minded, detailed oriented individual to join a progressive and premium financing insurance company with a friendly but fast-paced work environment.
The Accountant/CPA will assist with day-to-day accounting and finance duties. Must be strong team player with a friendly and personable demeanor yet effective communication and able to work well within a close-knit environment.
* Assist with insurance accounting including but not limited to preparing and filing tax returns, budget forecasting, complicated commission statements, and maintaining fair pricing for insurance products
* Manage month and year-end financial reports
* Produce annual cash flow analysis
* Advise owner of company regarding company needs
* Able to successfully work in a dynamic, evolving fast-paced environment
* Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
* Strong interpersonal skills to work collegially and effectively with other members of the team and should be able to communicate successfully with affiliate companies
* Works well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments
* Provide all necessary documentation for the preparation of the Federal tax return and year-end Audit
* 10+ years of general ledger reconciliation and accounting experience, controllership experience
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
* Past work history of insurance (a plus)
* Bilingual (Spanish speaking is a plus but not necessary)
* Basic working knowledge of Statutory Accounting Principles or GAAP; ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and senior management to drive sound business decisions.
* Expert level of proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other financial reporting tools
* Good analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive detailed data