DESCRIPTION. J. Carey, Inc., an award winning forest products, trucking, tree service, and excavating company, has an immediate opening for an experienced FINANCIAL CONTROLLER in their Channing, Michigan office.
COMPENSATION. $50,000 - $70,000, based on your experience.
BENEFITS. J. Carey, Inc. places great value in its Controller and offers a package of benefits including health coverage, a SEP retirement plan, paid vacation days and paid holidays.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
* Degree in Accounting or Finance, required.
* 3 years of relevant work experience required. Prior CFO, Controller, CPA or equivalent level experience preferred.
* Previous experience working with small business accounting software (QuickBooks) and Excel spreadsheets, required.
* Oversee company payroll and tax payments as well as payroll reports.
* Manage accounts payable and company receivables.
* Prepare financial statements/reports including profit and loss statements.
* Preparation of annual operating budget including segment budgets.
* Oversee bill payments.
* Manage day to day cash flow.
* Preparation of cash flow forecast.
* Maintain job cost records.
* Ability to interpret financial data to assist in strategic business planning.
* Maintain equipment cost records.
* Oversee/reconcile bank account.
* Review current system of internal controls and implement changes as needed.
* Inventory management of replacement parts.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude and work environment.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook), required.
* Unrestricted right to work in the United States, required.