This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
J. Carey, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION. J. Carey, Inc., an award winning forest products, trucking, tree service, and excavating company, has an immediate opening for an experienced FINANCIAL CONTROLLER in their Channing, Michigan office.
COMPENSATION. $50,000 - $70,000, based on your experience.
BENEFITS. J. Carey, Inc. places great value in its Controller and offers a package of benefits including health coverage, a SEP retirement plan, paid vacation days and paid holidays.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
* Degree in Accounting or Finance, required.
* 3 years of relevant work experience required. Prior CFO, Controller, CPA or equivalent level experience preferred.
* Previous experience working with small business accounting software (QuickBooks) and Excel spreadsheets, required.
* Oversee company payroll and tax payments as well as payroll reports.
* Manage accounts payable and company receivables.
* Prepare financial statements/reports including profit and loss statements.
* Preparation of annual operating budget including segment budgets.
* Oversee bill payments.
* Manage day to day cash flow.
* Preparation of cash flow forecast.
* Maintain job cost records.
* Ability to interpret financial data to assist in strategic business planning.
* Maintain equipment cost records.
* Oversee/reconcile bank account.
* Review current system of internal controls and implement changes as needed.
* Inventory management of replacement parts.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude and work environment.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook), required.
* Unrestricted right to work in the United States, required.