This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDear Controller,
To be straight up, if you're not the type of person that thrives on a challenge then this opportunity probably isn't for you. However, if you thrive on challenges, you're on! Welcome to the team!
Our company has been 'trickling' along for a number of years and recently things here have changed - dramatically. We are on the brink of exploding in size, which we all know means continual change and it is all driven by us, our team, our passion and burning desire to be more successful than yesterday. We need a controller to help us get to our goals and beyond so if you have the flair, a good attitude and tenacity, then let's look at locking things in.
What is most exciting for you is that our focus from July 1 onwards is that everything in this business is governed by finance. Our accountants and business managers (UBT & UBTA) have presented us with a rock-solid business template where all decisions and direction is gleaned by incredibly insightful and simple financial reporting. Long story short, as a controller you will need to have a 'business' approach rather than the typical 'finance only' aspect that a controller would typically have. We're looking for a broadminded, keen, energetic team player that will be a contributor to the team and to the business results - possibly someone younger that is looking for experience and a challenge.
In brief, we like loyalty and we like passion. We want you to show financial leadership to make our company financially stronger - you won't be alone in this, a number of our key team players have strong financial leanings as well as getting incredible back up and support from UBTA. Please see some additional detail below and most of all if you're successful in securing this role then hold on tight, BECAUSE WE'RE ON ONE HELL OF A RIDE!
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
* Proven ability to generate and analyze income statement, balance sheet, revenue forecast and cash flow statements
* 5 years minimum of experience in Accounting & Finance functions
* Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
* Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Strong MS Excel knowledge
* Effective time management and problem solving skills, quick learner
* Excellent communication and strong analytical skills
COMPENSATION identify areas that provide low value and work to reallocate resources to provide more meaningful information for decision support
* Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place to protect the company's assets and to record and monitor the appropriate return on projects
* Implement and maintain budget & variance reporting, sales forecasting, operational forecasting, & project control sheets. Take ownership of the finance/accounting function
* Ensure that appropriate financial management techniques, tools and resources are utilized in order to achieve or exceed the project's stated financial goals
* Develop financial plans and financial models
* Monitor the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring project billings are issued to clients and payments are collected
* Set-up and maintain an operating and control system for a growing business
* Communicate with clients regarding the status of outstanding invoices, invoice approvals and ultimate collection
* Produce monthly financial statements and analysis for review by CEO, CFO, & Vice President
* Review and analyze the contract and financial condition of each project on a monthly basis and advise project managers
* Produce budget and forecast analysis, Monitor cash flows and cash flow forecasting
* Work with partners and project managers assisting in fee and expense analysis, and tracking project performance and profitability
* Report on financials weekly and on financial planning (accrual and cash) monthly, including advising partners of any significant issues
* Provide oversight for intercompany loan tracking and accounting
* Maintain daily bank deposits, monthly reconciliation and wire transfers
* Serve as banking liaison managing all company loans, LOC, investments, mortgages and construction loans. Maintain daily bank deposits, monthly reconciliation and wire transfers
* Support year-end audit
* Serve as tax liaison, communicating with outside accountants for annual financial statement and tax returns
* Support implementation, migration or upgrades of financial systems
* Payroll support and oversight
* Provide management with applicable reports and analysis daily, weekly, monthly, etc.