Financial Counselor 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FINANCIAL COUNSELOR
Job Number: 10062149
Category: Clerical & Administrative Support
Location: Emerson Hospital, Baker Ave Facility, Concord, MA
Department: Patient Access
Workshift: Evening shift
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: 8-20 hours a week Mon-Fri 4:30p-8:30p
Job Summary Reports to the Direct of Patient Access, the position serves as the hospital`s primary contact for patient reimbursement issues in accordance with established credit policies. The position works with third-party payors for necessary authorizations and verification of coverage issues. The position also provides cashiering services for Emerson Hospital. .Open to hiring for 2-3 shifts a week, or Mon-Fri 4:30pm-8:30pm.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Associates Degree preferred.
* Work experience may be substituted for higher education.
* One to 3 years as a financial counselor at a hospital and/or authorization coordinator required
3-5 years full-time admitting experience with insurance knowledge required * Knowledge of insurances, pre certification and referral procedures required
* Knowledge of the Virtual Gateway and Medicaid applications preferred
* Experience in working with patients required
* Experience in working with payers to appeal pre auth denials preferred
* Licensure and/or Certification
* None required
* Knowledge of third party payors.
* Knowledge of Medicare billing practices and regulations.
* Insurance verifications experience.
* Computer proficiency.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required to interact effectively with all organizational levels, with demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work accurately with detailed confidential information.
* Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English.
* Must be highly organized, cooperative, and able to work well with others.
* Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
* Thorough understanding of team management concepts.
* Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology.
* The ability to effectively communicate with external organizations as well as various levels of management required.
Emerson Hospital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.