Financial & Inventory Management Analyst- Navy experience required (3407) 9/2/2016
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Financial & Inventory Management Analyst- Navy experience required
The applicant for this position serves as a Financial & Inventory Management Analyst supporting the Budget Submitting Office (BSO) assigned to the Navy Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) located in Mechanicsburg, PA.
This position requires a full understanding of Department of the Defense inventory management systems, policies and procedures. Knowledge of DoD and DoN organization, information systems, and processes is also required.
In-depth knowledge of NAVSUP Global Logistics Support (NAVSUP GLS) and the Fleet Logistics Centers is required.
The applicant should also be familiar with how NAVSUP interacts with Navy Systems Command (NAVSEA, NAVAIR and SPAWAR), Weapon Systems Support Centers, Business Systems Centers and Navy Exchange Service Command.
This position is responsible for supporting audit readiness by
* Reviewing audit findings and problem areas;
* Identifying causes for errors and inconsistencies, and developing pragmatic but sustainable solutions that will help the government in improving and managing its financial operations related to inventory management and reporting;
* Understanding inventory related transactions operationally and financially, system and data flows, as well as reports, management controls, policies, and practices affecting or reflecting the financial condition and operating results of the activity.
* This position requires understanding:
* inventory management concepts and operations;
* inventory pricing calculations (including transfer costs);
* inventory control mechanisms and processes;
* inventory related financial transactions;
* inventory reporting and the integrated relationship between an inventory listing and the balance sheet.
* Provide financial/logistical analysis of inventory related data, transactions and reporting
* Assess internal audit findings and issues areas and be able to identify causes of the problems, as well as an understanding of why that problem exists.
* Develop pragmatic and sustainable solutions that can be implemented to address those problems.
* Research inventory balances, identifying documentation gaps.
* Develop inventory balance pricing methodology that can be documented and consistently applied, that will meet audit requirements.
* Develop implementation plans and schedules, with performance measures built in, so that implementation can be monitored.
* Contribute to the formulation of internal procedures to address gaps, or problem areas and build standardization/consistent practices that can be auditable.
* Develop detailed data flows to show how inventory related activities are being interpreted at a transaction level, and how they are processing through the system, analyze and interpret financial directives to determine the applicability to the NAVSUP programs to ensure that asset related process are being followed, that the system is processing actions correctly and that controls are working as intended.
* Bachelor s Degree in any financial related field (Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics desired), or
* Bachelor s Degree in an operational, logistics or supply chain related field, or
* Associate s Degree with at least 5+ years of experience in a DoN inventory position
* 0 15 years of relevant work experience in financial management (position level will be commensurate with experience)
* Data collection and analysis techniques
* Inventory management techniques
* Financial related certificate preferred - CGFM, CDFM CPA, CISA, or other audit related certification)
* Inventory maybe in supply chain or inventory management or logistics, any relevant certifications*)
Active DOD Secret required
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.