Financial Management Group - Group Regulatory Reporting, Executive
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRECRUITER: Amy Hillard
The Financial Management Group (FMG) is focused on managing Macquarie's funding and capital, while providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management. It ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial regulatory and compliance obligations. The Finance Division supports Macquarie's operating groups by providing financial management and control, management reporting and forecasting, regulatory reporting and business advisory services. The division works closely with Treasury, Tax and Investor Relations to support each of Macquarie's Operating Groups.
We are seeking candidates who are comfortable working in a collaborative environment with modern systems and technologies, who
Key responsibilities include:
* Preparation and analysis of regulatory returns for Macquarie Bank branches and broker dealer entities to distribute to senior management and external regulators
* Production of various limit/ratio monitoring reports as per regulatory requirements within stringent timelines
* Communicate with various business divisions, including risk/compliance/technology for various data requests
* Ongoing management and collation of various data input sources required for producing returns and submissions and analysis of business drivers for movement
* Performing monthly reconciliations of key balance sheet items, ensuring all balances are appropriately supported
* Perform month-end activities including: posting month end journals, review of intercompany balances, transfer pricing, reconciliation of the balance sheet
* Work on various systems and manage data reports in order to ensure timely and accurate data availability for various returns and submissions
* Ensure timely delivery of work and regular updates to all stakeholders
* Analyze and prepare responses to queries from stakeholders, auditors and regulators and review with seniors
* Collaborate with other team members within the service line to ensure a consistent approach and quality of outputs
* Communicate with other internal departments where appropriate, in particular, Corporate Reporting and Taxation.
* Regularly maintain documentation of various processes and procedures so to keep them up to date
* Continually question and attempt to improve the control environment that the business operates in
Our business is to realize opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterized by accountability and integrity. We are able to achieve this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team.
What this means for you:
* 3-5 years of work experience preferably in the financial services industry
* Part qualification in CPA is an advantage
* Finance experience within a shared services environment an advantage (but not essential)
* Eager to learn and consolidate skills
* Driven to deliver quality outputs that meet high standards
* Desire to take accountability for your piece of the puzzle
* Curious about how the business operates and why things are done
* Confident and keen to contribute ideas to enhance the way we work
* Ability to partner with others in a team environment
* Interested in building connections with teams across businesses and across the globe
* Willingness to work in shifts to support global business requirements a plus
* Detail-oriented with good intuitive reasoning skills and analytical capability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, uniformed service, protected veteran status, a physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
ADVERTISED: 01 Nov 2016 Eastern Daylight Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities