Financial Reporting Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: FINANCIAL REPORTING ANALYST
LOCATION: BOSTON, MA
DURATION: 12+ MONTHS
The Financial Reporting Analyst prepares drafts of annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements and Forms (N-SAR, N-Q24F-2, and N-CSR) for registered investment companies.
The position provides support to senior team members and managers in connection with fund expenses and general fund financial information and also completes various projects as assigned by the Financial Administration Manager.
For European offices, the Financial Reporting Analyst may assist in reviewing the work of more junior level staff members and the development of the Financial Administration Group.
* Draft annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements and Forms N-SAR, N-Q24F-2, and N-CSR for registered investment companies, as well as timetable calendars for such statements.
* Prepare fund expense proformas
* Review fund expenses and accruals; coordinate accrual adjustments with the client and financial reporting team.
* Prepare fund expense invoices for authorization and review.
* Work with the Fund Administration Manager in board book and procedures manuals preparation.
* Report and communicate performance data to fund management and industry publications.
* Develop and maintain a working familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosure, including the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Internal Revenue Code, GAAP, Regulation S-X and other applicable requirements.
* Maintain awareness of regulatory changes effecting funds.
* Communicate appropriately with the Fund Reporting Supervisor with respect to all timetables and workflow, and communicating to the extent appropriate about all relevant matters with other department members within BBH.
* Develop and maintain a working knowledge of EDGAR and Merill Reports.
* Evaluate and suggest enhancements to Eagle/OMEGA (BBH's Fund Accounting system) and Merill Reports to automate procedures for financial reporting and compliance purposes.
* Communicate appropriately with the Financial Reporting Supervisor with respect to all timetables and workflow.
* Perform special projects as directed by the Fund Reporting Supervisor.
* Assist in the review of work completed by junior level staff members with regard to internal policies, procedures and systems as required
* BA/BSdegree and/or equivalent work experience; Business related concentration is preferable.
* 3 to 5 years mutual fund accounting or related mutual fund experience including 1 to 2 years of prior financial reporting experience.
* Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated.
* Proven ability to problem solve and recommend solutions.
* Strong aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail.
* Capable of monitoring and completing a variety of projects simultaneously.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Willingness and ability to work in a client-driven, deadline oriented environment.